Listening to: Time Out From The World, Goldfrapp
ep·i·logue
A short addition or concluding section at the end of a literary work, often dealing with the future of its characters. Also called afterword.
I've been thinking about how to set out the conclusion to Coma City.
Because I've been writing in the 1st person narrative I reckon an epilogue will be necessary to tidy up a few things, mainly the stuff that the character would not have been aware of at the time but should be explained to make sense of things and also what happens after the conclusion of the story (it's hard to explain without going into great detail or giving away the ending). I think it will be best if it's in the 1st person narrative again, set 12 months after the conclusion.
So, last night I spent a couple of hours typing up a list of events and characters, giving each a basic explanation and how things unfolded for them and how the world copes post Big Sleep.
You might think it's pretty silly to be inking out the epilogue when there's still more than half the book to be written, but it was a worthwhile exercise because I got a lot of ideas for the direction of certain characters just from thinking about what the future brings for them... I wish I could read the epilogue of my life, I hope it'd have a happy ending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment