Monday, April 28, 2008

Forget the Jasons. What about Steve?

Listening to: We Would Fall Against the Tide, The Radio Dept.

Enough about other people. Progress on Coma City hasn't exactly been going at full steam (as you have no doubt deduced).

I still haven't been able to put into words the scene (or scenes) I call the "Writer's Chasm". There's ideas, characters, a probable outcome and a fair amount of frustration. I really need to workshop/brain storm the thing, or maybe just do a bit more free writing and see what comes out - so far I haven't been pleased with the outcome of previous free writing sessions for this particular scene.

At least there's been some work on other parts of the story. Mostly freshening up and some character establishing, which I'm happy to report has helped build a picture of the main characters life prior to the event the story revolves around.

Word count is now at 22,727.

No comments: