Friday, August 18, 2006

Breaking the Drought

Listening to: Untitled, Keane

It's been over 2 months since my last confession... Oops, sorry wrong place.

We've had a fairly dry winter here in Melbourne. There's been the occassional shower but no real soakings to fill the reserviors. The same can be said for my writing of late.

But tonight, I've had a 3 hour long solid downpour of words. I've added a lengthy section that adds some emotion to the story. I had been unhappy that the main character had not shown too much concern toward the fact that he is so alone.

With tonight's effort I have addressed that with quite a dark scene where a bottle of scotch seems to be the only thing that can relieve him of the pain of solitude.

Word count is currently 14,414

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up, Steven! Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

I can relate, Steven. I'm on a six month quest to produce a novel too. Good luck!