Monday, February 20, 2006

In the beginning...

Listening to: Baggy Trousers, Madness

Why is it that so many of my school reports informed my parents that I was
easily distracted?

I wouldn't say I had A.D.D. It was more likely that I was just easily bored.

The problem still persists to this day (I should be doing other things than writing this). For example; a few months ago I had a great idea for a novel, I wrote up the first 5 chapters in a week, the sixth chapter took another couple of weeks and now all I do is go back over what I've written and tinker with it. I have the story right through to the end in my head but I can't seem to commit myself to continuing.

This isn't the first time I had ideas for a novel. In fact it's the third... and I never finished the other two.

Have I not got what it takes to be an author or is there more to it?

Steve

No comments: